Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ladies who cape

_MG_3044

_MG_2910

_MG_2889

When Lindsay told me that she had just bought a cape at a thrift store, I knew there was only one thing to do:  Dress up in our capes and go out. So that's what we did! I'm typically not a fan of those things that mask the shape of the body, but some are style are worth trying. So this was more of an experiment.  Although I wish had been experimenting in Cambridge, England when wearing this. 
I'm hoping the first picture is only a foreshadowing of our friendship in 50 years.

I'm wearing: 
Cape, shoes, gloves, purse (thrift)

She's wearing:
cape (thrift); dress (target); shoes (forever21); tights (urban outfitters)

Some ladies wear purple hats; we wear capes.

Lastly, I love reading your comments! Thank you for your kind words.
I also apologize for being MIA. I have four weeks left in this quarter for school so the work is piling up! Yikes.

9 comments:

  1. BOTH of your capes are absolutely darling!!!! loving your plaid one especially. i thrifted one in the fall, now that temps are warming up again, i can finally pull it out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your capes!!! You both look beautiful, as usual ;)

    also, amazing thrift buys you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, so sweet! I am looking for a Cape right now, just so difficult to find the right one. You two inspired me once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your amazing style and your husband's amazing photography skills are a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! Love that you paired those great purple gloves with your houndstouth and love the striped tights on your friend! Great blog! Come visit mine when you have a moment and maybe we can follow each other?

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog via lookbook, and I'm so glad I did! Your outfit is adorable...I can't believe all of those items are thrifted! What great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. emerald, really and truly - i think you are one of the most beautiful girls i've ever seen! you inspire me endless amounts and have the best style. it's just so relaxed, girlified, retro-vintage and modern all at once.

    lindsay looks like a doll of a friend, awesome photo shoot!!!! i feel as though i've been transported to another time.

    plus, the bonus for me about this post is i have my dads old coat (which is almost an exact match to your plaid pattern) and it's HUGE. been sitting in a bag in the closet for years. if i could somehow find a way to have a seamstress transform it into a cape i think i'd be overjoyed. def gonna see if this could work! thanks SO much for the insp. ♥

    pea ess: hope the school rush settles down soon for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both outfits are so adorable! I love her dress and I love your cape paired with those gorgeous purple gloves! The shoes are great too!

    - Meanz (Koi Story)

    ReplyDelete